[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Zope3 and Zope2's version object

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 08:42:24 -0500

    GvR> But that's exactly my point!  Zope has something called
    GvR> "versions" today which is implemented using ZODB "versions",
    GvR> but it isn't useful.

Agreed!  Plus, I don't think you want to make ZODB a revision control
system, unless you do <wink>.

Revision control systems require all kinds of additional features like
immortal versions and logs, the ability to compare and diff between
versions, symbolic names, etc., etc.  It's not trivial to get stuff
like this right, but doing it at the storage level given ZODB's
current mission in life, seems like the wrong place to put it.

subversive-ly y'rs,
-Barry