[Zope3-dev] Interface.Implements module still broken for 2.2 metaclasses

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:12:50 +0100

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I still feel like we're not really communicating here.  As far as I can
> see, this is a clear and present bug, with an equally clear and present
> fix.  I've presented the basis of both a test case and a patch.  What am
> I missing?

I agree with everything you've said. My only concern is that fixing the
Interfaces package make Zope 3 unusable with Python 2.2.

If that is indeed the case, I am not in favour of applying such a fix
until Python 2.3 is released in some form.

If it is not the case, and my concern is unfounded, then I am completely
in favour of the fix, and its immediate application.

I'll try out Zope 3 with Python 2.2 plus your fix today, and see what
happens. I don't think it will work, but perhaps I'll be surprised :-)

--
Steve Alexander