Program translation useful for single-language sites. (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Picking the language at product instantiation)

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:43:33 -0400

Godefroid Chapelle wrote:
> At 14:43 8/07/2002, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Content translation is really beneficial for multi-lingual sites. I
>> suspect,
>> however, that multi-lingual sites are much rarer than single-language
>> sites.
>

> I would really take the "much" out of the preceding sentence :
>
> In Europe, even if you do not want to be international, there are a lot
> of countries which are multilingual.
> Further, sites often want to support english as it is the 'lingua
> franca' of the web.

Fair enough. Still, I hope you agree that there is still a lot of
value in software translation (i.e. localization) even without
content translation.