[Zope3-dev] Re: New Pyskel changes

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 13:43:12 -0400

R. David Murray wrote:

> It would be even nicer if the docstring could conventionally be
> broken into its two parts (Interface and implementation) so that
> the tool could (carefully) update the Interface part even on a
> method that has had its docstring expanded with implementation
> details.

Note that a doc string should never be about implementation. That's
what comments are for. OTOH, a doc string may include additional usage
semantics that a particular implementation provides above and beyond
the semantics described in the interface. I *think* that that was what
Guido was refering to.