[Zope3-dev] Re: New Pyskel changes

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 14:56:58 -0400

Tying together what SteveA and Guido and others have suggested: could
the answer be a CVS-like $IDoc:$ or some-such that was automatically
updatable from the interface through a simple tool?  My syntax is ugly,
but perhaps the idea has merit.  i.e., a somehow-prettier version of

   class Foo:
       __implements__ = (IFoo,)
       #...
       def getBar(self, optional_extra_hint=None):
           """ $IDoc: IFoo.getBar
           returns bar.
           $

           'optional_extra_hint', if provided, ....
           """

Does the usefulness outweigh the ugliness, or not so much?

FWIW, the boilerplate docstring is helpful for me, and even if we had
the full interface doc string available, I would like to know from which
of the interfaces a given method comes.

Gary