[Zope3-dev] Interface.Implements module still broken for 2.2 metaclasses

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:48:13 -0400

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 01:09 PM 7/8/02 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>You would need to write a test to explicitly surface the (potentioal)
>>problem. I'm perfectly willing to apply Phillip's patch for now.
>>

> Just so I understand, what potential problem are we talking about?

If someone tried to check if a proxied class implemented an interface, the
check would fail to recognize that it's a class and use it's __implements__
attribute because isinstance doesn't give correct answers for proxied objects,
at least in 2.2.

This is fairly moot now because we don't use classes as components and pretty
much never care what interfaces they implement.