[Zope3-dev] Debugging Zope 3 unit tests with Wing IDE

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 17:46:27 -0400

FWIW, I've been having a lot of success recently using Wing IDE's debugger
to debug Zope 3 unit tests. Whenever I run into a thorny case, I boot up
Wing and debug the test script in the Zope 3 root directory, giving as
arguments:

   -d

      This tells the test script to use unittest's debug api so that unittest
      doesn't catch errors, and

   package_name (e.g. Zope.App.OFS.Services)

      which narrows the test execution to the specified package, since I'm
      usually debugging specific tests.

This works really well. Wing's debugging facilities are much nicer than pdb.