[Zope3-dev] Schema Field Names

kapil thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 13:55:54 -0700

On Sunday 14 July 2002 08:46 am, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > is there already a final decision made to call the basic fields Int, Str,
> > Bool and so on? I would like to rename it to Integer, String, Boolean ...
> > since it seems more readable to me...
>
> That seems bad, as Python 2.2 is using int, str, and 2.3 will have bool.
> This is why I used those field names.

schema fields are not equivalent to python types/factories, naming them the
same is just more chance for confusion imo.

remembering the motto of europython, 'explicit is better than implicit'

how soon we forget :-)

if the referenced irc log is worthwhile to look at can you make it available
on the net, it seems a more scalable information discovery protocol than
spamming steve.

cheers

kapil