[Zope3-dev] Voting on Schema design

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:13:56 -0400

    >> I'm not at all concerned about namespace pollution because 1) I
    >> doubt that in practice there will be name collisions on
    >> packages like "PageTemplates", "ComponentArchitecture", and
    >> "TAL".

    GvR> But there might be version conflicts.

Yes, but it's manageable by separating out who controls which
installation locations.  The admin of a machine is the only one who
should be sticking stuff in site-packages, so if his users are
affected by a version conflict, he'll resolve it amongst his users.

A Python application that needs and/or provides a package should never
install it in site-packages, so it can exactly control the version it
wants.

-Barry