Package Organization (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Voting on Schema design)

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:14:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Maybe App should be moved out of Zope?  That's another thing that
> always confuses me.  If lib/python/Zope is the catch all for packages
> useful outside of Zope, then why lib/python/Zope/App?  (Oh, exception
> proving the rule? :).

If 'Zope' were renamed to, say, 'ZopeOrg'(*), then 'App' would be renamed
'Zope', which would probably make what belongs where a lot clearer.

--RDM

(*) Actually, I could go for ZC, since that can stand for both
Zope Corp and Zope Community <grin>.