[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 02 Jun 2002 09:18:54 -0400

> If there's one thing I learned from Zope2, it is this - do NOT
> require a lot of work for developers to get something going. Having
> additional functionality is great, powerful tools are wonderful, but
> DON'T require people to understand them or force them to use them
> before they can start developing.

Hear, hear.

In addition, things should be structured so that it is easy to
discover (for a developer with source access and Python experience but
no prior experience with this particular piece of code) how it works.
It's OK if *some* key ideas must be explained in a large comment or
doc file, but those better be darn central to the whole thing, and
doubly darn easy to find.