[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:20:49 +0100

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Both forms are allowed. I find the attribute form much more readable.
>
> In summary, I am unconvinced that storing data in attributes is
> in any way unconventional or non-standard.

Typically the elements-with-text-inside form is used

   * When you have data that can have its own internal structure
     that you want to represent as xml

   * When you are making up a text such that you can remove all of the
     tags and have basic readable text

The latter is usually only used in applications that involve lots of
text, such as HTML, DocBook and many of the things that got SGML started.

--
Steve Alexander