[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 03 Jun 2002 11:31:20 -0400

> You can make an argument that all of this is true. But at the end of
> the day, will a developer actually understand the whole of what they
> have built? How about a month later? We probably can't answer that,
> but its worth thinking about.

I have a data point: the JobBoard example.  I swear with my hand on my
heart that I no longer remember how it works or why various parts of
it are the way they are.  (Of course, this is atypical because Zope3
changed so much in the mean time.  But I don't even understand what
the code was *trying* to do any more, in some places.)