[Zope3-dev] ZCML alternative

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Tue, 04 Jun 2002 13:05:43 -0600

On 6/3/02 8:34 AM, "Shane Hathaway" <shane@zope.com> wrote:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>> I'll point out that this thread isn't going anywhere. We are
>>> not going to stop using ZCML. Consider this a Papal edict.
>>

>> That's fine.  After this mail I will keep my (unchanged) opinion that
>> XML is sub-optimal for this purpose to myself, so that we can move
>> forward on more interesting things.  Consider this a BDFL
>> pronouncement.
>
> Oops, now we have dueling dictators.  Or more accurately, it's the Pope
> vs. the dictator.  Since no one can get hurt, this is kind of
> entertaining. ;-)
>
> I really liked Phillip's suggestion.  Requiring documentation via
> namespaces could go a long way toward solving the problem.

Personally, I'd be very happy if namespaces could actually be factored out
of it all.  That's where XML documents start losing human readability,
unless everyone follows the same standard for the local name (Page Templates
work because almost everyone uses tal: and metal:, but there's nothing
stopping people from using t: and m:, or x: and y:).

--
Jeffrey P Shell
www.cuemedia.com