[Zope3-dev] ZCML GUI

Lalo Martins lalo@laranja.org
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 06:41:28 -0300

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 09:03:46AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> "Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:
> >
> > But the two forms are isomorphic right?  I'd hope so.
> >
> > Somebody, please write the conversion tool now so everybody will be
> > happy. :)
>
> Well, once things quieten down, I'm gonna see if I can throw some resource at a
> GUI tool, then no-one need see what lies beneath ;-)

Yeah, as long as the GUI tool can run over a ssh line. (Anygui?) Otherwise,
when you're doing emergencial maintenance you'll have to fall back on vi and
then you'll just have to deal with zcml.

But I find it quite challenging to write a GUI editor for zcml when the main
point of zcml is to be extensible, how are you going to represent
user-defined directives?

[]s,
                                               +----
--
  It doesn't bother me that people say things like
   "you'll never get anywhere with this attitude".

Eu jogo RPG! (I play RPG)         http://www.eujogorpg.com.br/
Python Foundry Guide http://www.sf.net/foundry/python-foundry/