[Zope3-dev] spelling of namespace signifiers

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 11:24:18 -0400

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>
>>Jim Fulton wrote:

>>>No. The part before the first -- is the namespace and the
>>>part after the first -- is the name.
>>
>>Uh, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said.
>

> No, you said that if there would more than 1 set of --s,
> then the name would be the original name and the namespace would
> be content.

As a side note, now I know not to use the split() trick too often.  It's
too easy to misinterpret.  "s.split('--', 1)" can only return a sequence
containing either 1 item or 2 items.  So the above code works, but it's
confusing.

Shane