[Zope3-dev] Character tests: email recognition and browser quoting

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 12:05:54 -0500

I need testing help with the following URLs.  There are three aspects to be
tested; please help out by testing with the widest variety of mail clients
and browsers that you can get your hands on, and report any anomalies.
(Note: if someone can test these with the netscape "-remote" thing too,
that would be helpful also.)  Due to the nature of the testing, success
results are probably not important, as failure reports will be the limiting
factor in the usability of a character.  Thanks!

Test 1: E-mail Client Recognition Support

It's important for e-mail clients to recognize anything we use as a valid
URL.  Please check that your mail client correctly recognizes the URLs
listed below, and report any that do not work, along with your mail
client's name, version, and OS.

Test 2: Browser Test (includes Redirection)

Copy and paste the URL's into your browser, and/or attempt to activate them
directly from your mail client.  Your browser should display a page reading
"OK" for each one.  Check the browser's location bar.  Does the URL contain
any URL escapes (e.g. "%2C")?  Also, the "/funkyR/" portion of the path
should be changed to "/funky/" (minus the "R").  I've set up a server-side
redirect from /funkyR/ to /funky/ so that the effect of redirection can be
observed as well.

If your browser escapes any characters, please copy the affected URLs from
the browser and send them to me, along with the browser name, version, and
OS.  If you fail to access a URL after copying it into your browser, please
let me know.  Thanks.

Test 3: Relative URLs
---------------------

Go to http://telecommunity.com/funky/ and follow the instructions there.
Basically, it's just a page of relative links to all the same URLs, so that
you can verify your browser doesn't quote them when used as relative links.

The URLs
========

http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/!bang!bang!

http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/)(paren)(