[Zope3-dev] Escape Character Summary Table

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 17:01:49 +0000 (UTC)

Guido van Rossum  <guido@python.org> wrote:
> > +        Listed as "safe" in RFC 1738; RFC 2396 "reserved in context"
>
> This one looks the best to me now.

Beware though that '+' is the encoding of 'space' for CGI, and that some
tools may encode/decode it incorrectly in the URL part.

> I've got problems passing URLs containing commas to Netscape's -remote
> feature, so I think this would be a bad choice.

I have this in a script that uses -remote:
                case "$url" in
                    *,*) url=`echo "$url" | sed -e s/,/%2c/g` ;;
                esac
and it works.

Florent