[Zope3-dev] Character tests: email recognition and browser quoting

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 06 Jun 2002 13:12:05 -0400

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I need testing help with the following URLs.  There are three aspects to be
> tested; please help out by testing with the widest variety of mail clients
> and browsers that you can get your hands on, and report any anomalies.
> (Note: if someone can test these with the netscape "-remote" thing too,
> that would be helpful also.)  Due to the nature of the testing, success
> results are probably not important, as failure reports will be the limiting
> factor in the usability of a character.  Thanks!

Great test.  Here are the Mozilla 1.0 results.

The browser and relative URL tests all passed, but the mail client tests
had mixed results.

 > http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/!bang!bang !
 >
 > http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ )(paren)(
 >
 > http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/-dash-dash -

Mozilla mail doesn't like these.  I added a space in the URLs where it
stops.

 > http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ending ,

Nope.

 > http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/(ns=view,some=other )thing

Apparently a close-paren always ends an URL. :-(

Mozilla mail is happy with the rest.

Shane