[Zope3-dev] Character tests: email recognition and browser quoting

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 13:17:39 -0400

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 01:05 , Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> Test 1: E-mail Client Recognition Support
>
> It's important for e-mail clients to recognize anything we use as a valid
> URL.  Please check that your mail client correctly recognizes the URLs
> listed below, and report any that do not work, along with your mail
> client's name, version, and OS.

Mail.app, Mac OS X, v. 1.1 (shipping with OS X 10.1.5)

> The URLs
> ========
>
> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/!bang!bang!

failure (last character not recognized as part of URL)

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/)(paren)(

failure (last character not recognized as part of URL)

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/-dash-dash-

failure (last character not recognized as part of URL)

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ending+

failure (last character not recognized as part of URL)

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ending,

failure (last character not recognized as part of URL)

> http://telecommunity.com/funkyR/ending@

failure (last character not recognized as part of URL)

as far as Mail.app goes, it seems the last character must be alphanumeric
in order to be recognized as part of the URL.

jens