[Zope3-dev] Final(?) "Safe" Character List

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:41:55 -0400

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> Ugh!  We really don't have much to work with here.  It's *really* too bad
> that ( and ) didn't work out.  Even "(ns=view+skin=theSkin)thePage.html" is
> a lot more readable than any of the crap above.

This is discouraging. :(

> Anybody think we should dip into the "*", "$", "~", "[", and "]" characters
> and do another round of testing?

Nah. [] has the same problem as (). :(

Given that view:: doesn't work,
I'm going to switch the code back to the parameter syntax for now.

BTW, the current code supports the parameter syntax for parameters,
just not for the namespace.

I'll note that often namespaces are used with things that don't
have extensions (e.g. "xxxx/Services;etc/").

Here's one more idea (which someone else mentioned a variation of earlier):

  ;view;AddForm.html

If a segment begins with a ';', we'll look for the name at the end
of the segment.

Comments?