[Zope3-dev] Final(?) "Safe" Character List

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 15:10:48 -0400

"Phillip J. Eby" wrote:

> At 02:41 PM 6/7/02 -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> >Given that view:: doesn't work,
> >I'm going to switch the code back to the parameter syntax for now.
> >
> >BTW, the current code supports the parameter syntax for parameters,
> >just not for the namespace.
> >
> >I'll note that often namespaces are used with things that don't
> >have extensions (e.g. "xxxx/Services;etc/").
> >
> >Here's one more idea (which someone else mentioned a variation of earlier):
> >
> >  ;view;AddForm.html
> >

> Um, I thought we had problems with browsers not handling ';' properly, so
> it wasn't on the list of characters for testing.

We did, however, we can at least point out that they are non-complient.
I mean, there is some comfort in having the URI spec on our side. :)

> Should we run ';' back
> through the test gauntlet?

I guess it wouldn't hurt.

I'm not making a Papal edict in favor of ';'. I just threw the
above out. In any case, I think we should back off '::' until we
figure out what we want to do.