[Zope3-dev] RFC: Use 303 redirects by default

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:33:31 -0500

At 07:25 PM 6/11/02 +0100, Steve Alexander wrote:
>See:
>
>http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Use303Redi
rectsByDefault

>Comments welcome.

I don't get this at all.  It looks like this change will break for Netscape
4.x, with no compensating benefit.  Why do it?  Do we *want* manual
verification of redirected POST?  Every existing usage that I know of in
Zope (and in my apps) of redirect is intended to NOT have a manual
verification.  Since the "de facto" interpretation of 302 works correctly -
for what we *want* it to do - why change to another code that doesn't work
with browsers "in the field"?  Do we believe that some future browser
versions will implement 302 correctly, and thus break our current
functionality?

I'm confused.