[Zope3-dev] Delete buttons do not work

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:19:44 -0400

On Monday 17 June 2002 09:18, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > the delete button seems to be broken in all of the UI (Folder and Servi=
ce
> > Manager Contents). I had a quick look at it, but could not find the
> > problem, so if someone who worked on the new View code could look at it,
> > I would really appreciate it.
> >
> > I really, really would like to have a solid-looking GUI for EuroPython.
> > Remember, 70% of all information comes from our eyes, so look matters a=
nd
> > might draw some new developers.
>
> I have a different complaint.  The latest look of the management
> screens doesn't work at all with Netscape 4.  I would really
> appreciate it if the design was a little less style-sheet happy.  It's
> not like the design with proper stylesheets looks particularly good (I
> checked in IE 6) so I propose that we try to avoid style sheets for
> now, or use one that works with NS 4 (still the secondmost common
> browser, after IE).

Well, there were some decisions made by the look and feel guys to use the=20
plone stylesheets. I disagree that we should still compensate for NS 4.7=20
However, the final version of Zope 3 should provide a NS 4.7 friendly look=
=20
and feel as much as it will provide Zope 2 backward capabilities.

We really need to make Zope 3 good looking. And Style Sheets are a great wa=
y=20
to do it, since NS 4.7 should just ignore them. =20

Regards,
Stephan
=2D-=20
Stephan Richter