[Zope3-dev] Delete buttons do not work

Matt Behrens matt@zigg.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:49:50 -0400

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:41:21PM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:

> Stephan,

> Stephan Richter wrote:
> >
> > We really need to make Zope 3 good looking. And Style Sheets are a great way
> > to do it, since NS 4.7 should just ignore them.

> Be careful, you are treading a fine line which may adversely
> affect the uptake of Zope 3.

Hear, hear.  But I went over this back when everyone was getting
all CSS-happy last time around.

I have a suggestion.  NS4.7 does *not* ignore style sheets by
default.  And it is, today, necessary to leave style sheets on to
access modern sites using NS4.7, since many of them are designed
with NS4.7 in mind.  I do not think it is reasonable to ask users
to flip stylesheets on when using the Web and back off when using
Zope, regardless of whose fault it is that that must be done.

Given this, I think it would be acceptable to include a small bit
of JavaScript to detect NS4 and replace the stylesheet with a null
one.  This is, of course, assuming the pages continue to be useful
without a style sheet.