Fwd: Re: [Zope3-dev] Delete buttons do not work

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:40:16 -0400

| On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 10:22:14AM -0400, Casey Duncan wrote:
| > If a different style sheet is required for NS 4.7 to work, then it may
| > be necessary to make one just for NS 4.x.
|
| Hence the null stylesheet.  I don't see the point in implementing
| an actual NS4 stylesheet.  You can't even do simple crap in NS4
| CSS. :-/  Plus, a null stylesheet could be applied to other browsers
| found to be troublesome down the road.

=46irst of all, i hope that my message gets through those shitty SMTP serve=
rs
on the way to the zope3-dev list. If not, i hope some of you guys can forwa=
rd
it for me.
Well, seems like we had a great discussion about NS4 and stylesheets this
weekend. Unfortunately, everything is being discussed again.
As you can see, on the ZopeTop wiki there was a consensus about this:
http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeTop
" Whenever possible, the xhtml and CSS standards should be followed. This is
our insurance ticket, to make future compatibility and future modifications
easier.
As a function of our narrowing down of audience, ZopeTop is explicitly NOT
required to look acceptable in all existing browsers. As ZopeTop is not mea=
nt
for anyone, we believe it is reasonable to require SiteDeveloper to use
modern, standards-compliant browsers."
On our disscussions, we decided that our target browsers are:
* NS6+
* IE5+
* Mozilla1.0+
And on other browsers zopetop must "degrade well".
As the ComponentArchitecture goal is make everything easy to be pluggable, =
we
are sure that people that need to use lynx to manage their website will take
time and write their "zopetop-lynx" skin and release it to the Zope
 Community.
I hope that things get clearer now.
[]'s
=2D-
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>
GNU/Linux user 257852
Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (Sid) 2.4.18-newpmac ppc
How many chunks could checkchunk check if checkchunk could check chunks?
	-- Alan Cox