[Zope3-dev] Job Board Example

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 20:24:13 -0400

    GvR> The tutorial is in Tutorial.html.  Please, if you feel you
    GvR> have to make changes to this code, take the time to also make
    GvR> sure the Tutorial stays current.  The tutorial is still
    GvR> missing an intro to page templates and more about zcml files;
    GvR> contributions welcome!

    BAW> What do you suggest we do about the i18n attributes?  I don't
    BAW> think someone first going through the tutorial should be hit
    BAW> in the face with these tags.  I actually think a good
    BAW> follow-on chapter would be to describe how to i18n'ify a
    BAW> product.

    BAW> Hmm, maybe we should make a copy of JobBoardEx called
    BAW> JobBoardI18n and i18n /that/.  It'll be a bit more work to
    BAW> keep the two in sync, but it might be more useful as a
    BAW> teaching aid, to see the before and after PT files.

    GvR> Yes, that sounds like a good plan.  Sort of like what Jim
    GvR> does for *his* tutorial.

Done.  If you check out JobBoardI18n in your lib/python/ZopeProducts
directory, then change your products.zcml file to point to

    <include package='ZopeProducts.JobBoardI18n' file='configure.zcml' />

instead, you'll get the i18n'd job board.  There's an English
translation and a Bablefish-assisted Italian translation.  I leave it
to you to decide which translation is better. ;)

Note to any native Italian speakers out there: feel free to improve
the Italian translations in JobBoardI18n/locale/it/LC_MESSAGES/jobboard.po!

Guido and Stephan, feel free to add Dutch and German translations.

I'll start working on the Tutorial.html later.

Let me know if you have any trouble.  I had to blow away my Data.fs
file, which had the old JobBoardEx example, before I could create a
new JobBoardI18n example.

Cheers,
-Barry