[Zope3-dev] Re: What if HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE is not set?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@wooz.org
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:48:22 -0400

    GvR> When I use urllib.urlopen(), the Accept-Language header is
    GvR> not set.  This means I get a KeyError when requesting a page
    GvR> that involves i18n (apparently including the z3 default home
    GvR> page).  Please fix this!

Fixed.  You won't get a KeyError, but you also won't get any of the
explicit msgids translated.

I think it's up for debate whether we should attempt to fallback to
some other language if there's no browser preference.  This might
align with the ability to explicitly select a language (i.e. a select
menu with a default of English).

-Barry