[Zope3-dev] Job Board Example

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:45:00 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I've reworked the job board example and its tutorial a bit today.
>
> - The tutorial now once more describes the actual implementation.
>
> - I added back the full data model for a Job (attributes submitter,
>   summary, description and contact).
>
> - I renamed several views, templates and attributes to be more
>   consistent.
>
> - I added the review capability back to the job submission process.
>
> Please look this over.  To check it out:
>
>     cvs -d :ext:cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository co Packages/JobBoardEx
>
> The tutorial is in Tutorial.html.  Please, if you feel you have to
> make changes to this code, take the time to also make sure the
> Tutorial stays current.  The tutorial is still missing an intro to
> page templates and more about zcml files; contributions welcome!

I've added two files to the JobBoardEx package:

* browser_views.sxd

* browser_views.png

The .sxd file is an OpenOffice.org drawing file. It has been exported as
a PNG to make browser_views.png.

The browser_views diagram shows how the zcml directives, python classes
and methods, and page templates relate to each other, and to the URLs
you use to interact with a JobList.

--
Steve Alexander