[Zope3-dev] zcml prefix dot syntax oddity?

Gary Poster garyposter@earthlink.net
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 11:31:41 -0400

The zcml prefix dot syntax--as in
       factory=".ServiceAdding."
seems to be acting oddly and I just want to make sure that it is not
performing as designed before I choose between (a) trying to figure out
the error or (b) lobbying against the design. :-)

Sometimes the prefix dot seems to be doing what I expect--starting from
the current package--and sometimes it seems to be starting higher.  In
particular, in
Zope/App/OFS/Services/ServiceManager/Views/Browser/configure.zcml the
behavior seems to be what I expect, looking in ...Browser.  However, in
Zope/App/OFS/Content/Folder/Views/Browser/configure.zcml the zcml
appears to think that its current folder is actually two folders up, in
Zope/App/OFS/Content/Folder.

What's up with that?

I'll check in my work (which I have modified to accomodate this
behavior) in CVS in a bit if folks can't see what I'm talking about already.

Thanks

Gary