[Zope3-dev] finally some enlightenment

Alexander Limi alexander@zope.no
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 06:53:01 +0100 (CET)

> Paul Everitt wrote:
>>
>> I got a nightly build of Mozilla from two nights ago and the caption
>> problem seems to be fixed.
>
> Wish they'd closed the bug then. I just went and did some testing and
> reported it, could've spared me the work.. Oh well, at least it's
> fixed. :)

<off-topic>

You youngsters of today! When *I* was your age... ;)

I had a problem with Mozilla not handling floating spans inside fieldsets.
This was the approach used for the entire Plone skin, and it just wouldn't
work. I reported it, lobbied for 2 weeks in IRC channels and mailing lists
(since Plone was going to be used for the new mozilla.org, I thought it had
better work ;) - but no response. After two more weeks, the bug was
targeted for Mozilla 1.1, and people were getting seriously pissed about
Plone not working in Moz ("you should make your code standards-compliant" -
right, like my code isn't 100% valid XHTML ;).

At long last, I caved in and rewrote all forms in Plone. Took me 20 hours
in one sitting. I was a fruitcake the next day.

...three days later: "bugfix checked in. Works perfectly. Two line fix."

And yes, I still like Mozilla ;)

</off-topic>

Move on, there's nothing to see :)

-- Alexander Limi.