[Zope3-dev] Zope.App.ZopePublication

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 11:11:42 -0600

Hello Jim,

I ran into some major issues implementing XML-RPC. While I got the basic
XML-RPC transfer working (yipee), all the code in ZopePublication is
Browser-specific(as in View Type). I will therefore refactor the entire
module.

Also, in XML-RPC I have no way to say:
...../contentObject/ViewName;view/method, since I have no possibility to
use ';view' in the dot-notation. So what I decided to do is that I only
allow for one XML-RPC view per content object, and the traverser looks it
up like follows:

1. get name
2. is there a subobject with that name
3. if yes, get it; if no, get the view (there is only one) and find the method

Another possibility would be to have some sort of view marker, like
..../contentObject/ViewName_VIEW/method, which I think is not very elegant;
even ..../contentObject/VIEW/ViewName/method is not that good, since it
would look too strange for a non-Zope user to use.

I am going to play around some more and try to get the first design working...

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter