[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Persistence - cPersistence.c:1.1.2.12

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:30:51 -0500

> How'd I compile all the Python C code with debugging turned on?

If you have MSVC 6.0, just use the Python project that's in the
PCbuild subdir.

> (Urm, I think we may be at crossed purposes, by debugging, I assumed
> you meant with the Z_DEBUG_MODE environment option set, did you mean
> something else?)

This started out with an assert() call in C code with an invalid
argument; since assert() is disabled unless Python is compiled in
debug mode, this wasn't found by the compiler because nobody compiles
the code in debug mode regularly.  So I think we were discussing
compiling C code, not an environment option.