[Zope3-dev] Linux Test Results

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 08:35:43 +0000

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Cool, then I'll take out the Zope3 tests in my test runner.  This
> community participation is great!

Well, if you're interest, have a look at checkout the Packages/TestScripts
module from cvs.zope.org.
Tweak config.xml to provide paths to your pythons (2.1 & 2.2), a sandbox (which
will get deleted for each test run ;-) and your cvs command.
Then just run:

python autotester.py config.xml

config.xml is pretty flexible now, allowing different build commands and test
comands to be used for each scenario, as well as setting environment messages
and grouping scenarios together by the email address they're going to before
mailing them to those addresses.

If anyone finds a use for this on any other projects, please let me know :-)

(bug reports and feature suggestions also welcome :-)

cheers,

Chris

PS: If anyone figures out why Zope3's test.py hangs on Windows when called via
popen3 (it runs fine from the command line) then please let me know and we can
have all 1200-odd Zope 3 tests running rather than just the 700-odd from
Zope.Testing.allZopeTests