[Zope3-dev] Offer to Help Write User Documentation/Tutorials

Anders Schneiderman SCHNEIDA@seiu.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 13:58:57 -0500

I stumbled onto Zope3 last week, and I'm very excited about the project. =
Back during the summer, our organization considered using Zope but =
rejected it, in part because it was too hard for novice programmers to =
use=20
(compared to, say, ColdFusion, aka the bane of my existence).  So I'd love =
to help Zope3 hit its goal of being easier to use & extend.

I have a pretty nasty RSI, so I can't offer programming help, but I could =
certainly write user documentation, tutorials, faq entries, and other =
pieces that involve writing text instead of code.    I think I have the =
necessary skills:  I'm pretty fluent in Python, have played with Zope in =
the past, am comfortable w/ unit tests, and I've spent a good chunk of my =
career writing documents that translate IT issues into simple, clear =
English so non-techies understand them.

Any suggestions where to start?  Could anyone use some help?  I'm happy to =
start w/ just about anything to get my feet wet.

Thanks,
Anders Schneiderman
Information Manager
SEIU International