[Zope3-dev] Views, Principals, Permissions and Roles

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:16:25 -0500

Janko Hauser wrote:

> Hi, made a little progress with regards to the PrincipalPermissions view.

Cool.

> I can now reach it in the same way like the RolePermissonsView. Actually I have the feeling, that there are no permissions defined I could manage with this view.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.

> I looked in parallel on the PrincipalRoleView, but I could not get this screen from the browser. Was this possible, if yes, how should the URL look like?

Last time I checked, neither the principal-permission nor the
principal-role view were working.

> Then, at the moment I need to add the IAttributeInterfaces for the different views to the Folder class, which does not look right.

Remember that we were going to change to using
memento bags. Wanna go ahead and implement http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/MementoBagProposal
(without the registry) and then implement a MementoPrincipalPermission adapter?

> If I remove the interfaces there, I can not get the RolePermissionsView, the only view currently working (probably only for Folders, given the above).
>
> And a last one ...
> The view should be called with the principal id as a GET-parameter. But I'm not allowed to extract this parameter from request.form. Where do I set this?

You need to provide a principal selection UI using the getPrincipals method
of authentication services. Alternatively, we could provide some way for
authentication services to provide specialized principal selection UIs.

> So I think I do not see the obvious :-).
>
> Sorry to ask more questions than contributing, I attach the working ZPT.

Asking questions is good.

I'm curious why you didn't use a try-state presentation of settings.