[Zope3-dev] Offer to Help Write User Documentation/Tutorials

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:34:56 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Fulton" <jim@zope.com>
To: "Anders Schneiderman" <SCHNEIDA@seiu.org>

> This sort of help would be really great.
>
> Even better, it would help if you or someone else could provide help
> organizing the documentation and the documentation efforts of others.

For my own benefit I've been trying to assemble a rough and tumble MS Word
doc of the whole darn Component Architecture wiki.  Dang, I had never really
seen how many docs it was--whew.  Anyway, while something much better than
what I'm doing probably can and should be done, I am working on it (and will
continue to as I have time, because I do better with printed docs).  I've
only spent a few hours on it so far and I'm not through transferring a third
of the use cases.  But it's about 30 pages already.

If this would help the effort that Anders is going to pursue then I offer
it; moreover, if my work could be channeled by Anders (or Jim or whoever)
into a more generically useful end result then that would be fine.  The only
restriction is that I want to have it *now* so I can get as much of it in my
head as possible before the NYC sprint.

So, if someone wants to guide me immediately in a direction that would make
this more generically useful, speak now.  Otherwise, I'll do my own thing
and eventually put it up on my members page if anybody cares.

Gary