[Zope3-dev] Can we remove ZopeLegacy for now?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:23:05 -0500

At 05:55 PM 3/11/02 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
>Stephan Richter wrote:
> >
> > At 04:23 PM 3/11/2002 -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> > >Can we remove ZopeLegacy for now?
> > >
> > >We shouldn't have any dependencies on it at this point.
> >
> > What about DateTime?
>
>Hm, what for?
>
> > My branch uses this. We should have a replacement.
>
>Python labs is working on something. Could you write up a draft
>interface or document that documents the features you are depending
>on?

Is this a general call for date/time type requirements?  :)  Ty and I have
a pure-Python date/time library we use that supports recognition and
parsing of a wide variety of human-readable date/time formats, and supports
time zones and Unix times well (e.g. you can convert between timezones by
changing the zone attribute of a date/time object).  We're happy to
contribute code, if it helps cut down on the number of date/time libraries
that we have to convert between, when using Zope and other Python tools.

Of course, if we can implement our extra features by subclassing the new
standard type, that's probably quite acceptable.  :)