[Zope3-dev] Can we remove ZopeLegacy for now?

Wade Leftwich wade@wvmm.net
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:23:50 -0500

On Friday 15 March 2002 20:36, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Sense 1 is incompatible with date/time computations. =A0If all you have
> is an offset, it is not safe to assume that 6 months later the same
> offset would apply.
>
> You can either have sense 1 (just a tzoffset), and no date/time
> computations, or you can have date/time computations with sense 2.
> Note that naive time is a special case of sense 2: the tzinfo object
> raises an exception whenever you ask it for an offset.

Why can you not have computations with sense 1? One hundred 24-hour days =
from=20
now it will be 2002-06-23 20:17:54 EST. My watch will say 21:17, because =
I=20
will be on EDT. But EST will continue to make sense. (Especially in India=
na.)

Actually, I think I'll just make it 2002-06-24 01:17:54 Zulu, and call it=
 a=20
night.

-- Wade Leftwich