[Zope3-dev] Strawman Proposal: Timezone as a location

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien@orbtech.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:12:03 -0600

> > Feel free to shoot holes in this. :-)
>
> I already have and I'm not going to repeat it.  Please try not to
> limit how the tzinfo object can represent its step function from UTC
> to tzoffset and tzname values.
>
> Read http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/g.html if you don't believe
> me.

I wasn't trying to and I do believe you. I guess I just thought the notion
of 25 location-based timezone values was intrinsic enough to include in the
basic definition of things. But now I realize that this would be easy enough
to implement in a subclass of tzinfo, therefore there is no need for what I
propose.

Is that what you're trying to get me to see? (Go ahead and hit me on the
head with a sledgehammer if necessary. I'm worn out and need to be
bludgeoned with the obvious.)

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech