[Zope3-dev] Can we remove ZopeLegacy for now?

Wade Leftwich wade@wvmm.net
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 06:25:40 -0500

On Saturday 16 March 2002 07:20 UTC, Tim Peters wrote:
[Tim]
> Still, I don't imagine there's a DST situation in the world messier tha=
> Indiana's:
>
> =A0 =A0 [from http://www.mccsc.edu/time.html]
>
> =A0 =A0 76 counties (including state capital Indianapolis) are in the
> =A0 =A0 Eastern Time Zone but do not change to Daylight time in April;
> =A0 =A0 instead they remain on Standard Time all year long;
>
> =A0 =A0 11 counties -- six near Chicago, IL, and five near Evansville, =
IN,
> =A0 =A0 are in the Central Time Zone and use both Central Standard and
> =A0 =A0 Central Daylight;
>
> =A0 =A0 five other counties -- two near Cincinnati, OH, and three near
> =A0 =A0 Louisville, KY -- are in the Eastern Time Zone but use both Eas=
tern
> =A0 =A0 Standard and Eastern Daylight

Israel is good too: They have a law that 150 days a year must be in DST, =
but=20
the Knesset legislates the actual dates for springing forward and falling=
=20
back each year.

That's why my answer to Guido's earlier query:
    [Guido]
    >=A0...
    >=A0So are April 6 and 7, US/Eastern, in the same timezone or not?

Is: If by "US/Eastern" you mean a jurisdiction that switches to DST durin=
g=20
the night of 4/6 - 4/7, NO. You go to bed in EST, and you wake up in EDT.

-- Wade Leftwich
Enjoying the first cup of coffee of the morning at 11:24 UTC.