[Zope3-dev] Can we remove ZopeLegacy for now?

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:31:21 -0500

[Anthony Baxter]
> Prior to the big conference that standardised timezones, individual
> cities had their own time offsets - they varied by individual minutes
> and seconds.
>
> I'm assuming that the timezone objects won't try to get this correct
> for historical datetimes :)

They *could* -- that's up to the timezone object's author.  This is an
instance of "fractal truth":  the closer you look, the more ambiguities come
into view.  My favorite so far:  on 28-Feb-2002, the notions of UTC as
promulgated by the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST),
and by the US Naval Observatory (USNO), differed by 18 nanoseconds:

    http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/pubs/bulletin/nistusno.htm

That's important to some people too.  I'll be happy if we can get within a
decade of the right year <wink>.