[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:32:43 -0500

> I'm pretty sure that making "hello world" easy is *not* a goal of
> Zope, unless you count adding a page that says "hello world" from the
> content-management interface.
>
> Zope is not a programming language. Zope is a framework for
> building web applications and has goals that go beyond simple scripts.
> Being able to combine software from multiple sources is really important
> for Zope.

OK, boss.

In that case I'm still really unhappy with some of the implementation
details of our job board demo.  There's way too much deep voodo needed
to make it work, and it still doesn't work in the way I want it.
Email doesn't seem the right medium to discuss this further (I'd need
too many words and too much quoting from the code).  So let's continue
this discussion in person when we next meet.

(But what about the goal of making developing products for Zope3 a lot
easier than for Zope2?  I don't think we're there yet, and the problem
isn't *just* documentation.)