[Zope3-dev] Flexibility

Gary Poster gposter@earthlink.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:04:12 -0500

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 06:47 am, Tres Seaver wrote:
>   - Perhaps now is a fruitful moment for somebody to tackle the
>     problem of writing tools for managing Zope3 configuration?
>     *That* is the problem which Zope3 will stumble over long before
>     TTW scripting.  If site administrators can't figure out how to
>     install packages, we're doomed:  Zope3 transfers a good deal
>     of the "burden of complexity" from developers to site admins.

I'm interested in these tools but it seems to me the
"moment" will not be right until the zcml syntax is firmly nailed down.  I
think what Jim sent out in his last email on the subject looked pretty good,
but this still appears to be up in the air a bit, since some members in
the community are still concerned.

That said, probably a wiki use case page starting to discuss the needs for
such a tool might be pertinent now.  I might start one of those today (but if
someone beats me to it, have at it!)

Gary