[Zope3-dev] Re: a note on groups and roles

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 00:12:55 -0500

  PJE> At 10:06 PM 3/24/02 +0000, Florent Guillaume wrote:
  >> - Roles are really groups of permissions.

  PJE> No, they aren't.

  PJE> A role is an application-domain relationship between a user and
  PJE> an application--domain object, which *implies* a set of
  PJE> permissions.

I don't see a difference here that has any impact on the way groups of
permissions would be implemented.  We can decide to all call a set of
permissions an "application-domain relationship between a user and an
application" but it's still just a set of permissions.

How would this distinction have an impact on implementation?

Jeremy