[Zope3-dev] JobBoardEx glitch

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 02:38:34 -0600

I can confirm that problem, as it effects my XML-RPC code as well, since
XML-RPC allways POSTs.

My guess is that the problem lies somewhere between BaseRequest and
HTTPRequest, both of which do not deal with the differences of GET and
POST. Weird.

My traceback is a little different. It cannot even find an object, even
though it is there!

   File "/opt/Zope3-Branches/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/Publisher/Publish.py",
line 35, in executeRequest
     object = request.traverse(root_object)
   File
"/opt/Zope3-Branches/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/Publisher/HTTP/HTTPRequest.py",
line 318, in traverse
     ob = super(HTTPRequest, self).traverse(object)
   File
"/opt/Zope3-Branches/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/Publisher/BaseRequest.py", line
124, in traverse
     subobject = publication.traverseName(
   File
"/opt/Zope3-Branches/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/ZopePublication/PublicationTraverse.py",
line 95, in traverseName
     ob2 =  adapter.publishTraverse(request, nm)
   File
"/opt/Zope3-Branches/Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/ZopePublication/XMLRPC/XMLRPCTraverser.py",
line 39, in publishTraverse
     raise NotFound(ob, name, request)
Zope.Publisher.Exceptions.NotFound
Object: <Zope.App.OFS.Folder.RootFolder.RootFolder object at 0x85324ac>,
name: 'loaded'

(This code is not checked in yet!)

Even weirder: Saving the limit (which uses POST) works!?!

I am confused, but I keep looking for the bad guy.

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter