[Zope3-dev] Re: a note on groups and roles

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:29:06 +0000

Steve Alexander wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>
>> - Permissions, groups of permissions (which are still permissions),
>

> One important thing about permissions is that an attribute of an object
> is protected by a permission.
>
> I can't think of any use-case where an attribute of an object needs to
> be protected by a group of permissions.

Actually, I need to modify that a little bit:

   A method needs to be protected by a single permission.

   A read-only attribute needs to be protected by a single permission.

   A read-write attribute (if we have these) would be protected by two or
   three single permissions.

This doesn't change what I'm basically trying to say, though.

--
Steve Alexander