[Zope3-dev] How does Zope.Configuration work?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:11:11 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Casey Duncan wrote:
> Dammit! Now all the PHBs will think XML is a programming language again 8^)

How about this: directives that the product author thinks are
"code" are fed into the configuration in the module __init__
by calling some appropriate parsing method directly (could you just
call xmlconfig?).  That way they are still (I assume) overridable,
but someone wanting to override them would have to first read the
code to figure that out.  Seems like that might be better even than
just marking them "DON'T TOUCH".  Of course, since I don't really
understand the configuration machinery yet, there may be a reason
this won't work.  And of course, it may also be a stupid idea <grin>.

--RDM