[Zope3-dev] .App+

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:45:28 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Chris Withers wrote:
> And, to be honest, if we're gonna change at one end, why not at the other too?
>
> +App+ makes much more sense to me than .App., .App+, +App. or even ...App... ;-)

Hmm.  I like '.' as the leading character.  Given the recent change
to make the leading '.' be the "current package", I think the analogy
with the unix convention of '.' being the current directory provides
a strong intuitive link for that usage, just as the + being the
regex for "one or more" provides a strong intuitive link for its
usage for the repeating trailing portion.

--RDM