[Zope3-dev] RFC: preCreation view, postCreation view use cases

Gary Poster Gary Poster" <garyposter@earthlink.net
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:50:12 -0500

From: "Casey Duncan" <casey@zope.com>
> In light of that, what may work is an adapter implementation that wraps
> the view component necessary to instanciate an object around the
> container. You would simply get the correct adapter and then display the
> appropriate page template in it, starting with the default one for that
> view.

Hey Casey.

If I remember my sprint lessons correctly (while we were building part of
the component api browser, which needed an adapter to provide a view), I
believe the problem with this is that a view has to be registered to the
actual container even if it is going to be using an adapter (see the zcml in
Zope.App.OFS.Introspector to see what I mean).  This means muddying in the
Container view namespace, as I said in another email.

Another aspect of the problem is that you can't get an Adapter by name.

If I'm off base somewhere, somebody correct me.

Gary